[Paraview] Multiple Screens

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 3 14:41:07 EST 2008

Christian,

Did you mistype the first mpirun command?  Running pvclient in mpirun has never worked in any ParaView version.

With ParaView 3.4, the following similar launch command should work (assuming that your version of mpirun supports the ":" argument):

 mpirun -np 1 ./pvserver -display :0.0 : -np 1 ./pvserver -display :0.1 : -np 1 ./pvserver -display :0.2

If this doesn't work, can you be more specific about what happens?  Do you get X host errors?  Do all the windows show up on display :0.0?

-Ken