[Paraview] Bug in Color Scale

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 3 12:53:31 EST 2008

OK.  It sounds like the range is properly being computed, but the range is not getting to the lookup table.  If you are able to replicate the problem and capable of running a debug version of ParaView in a debugger, you might be able to narrow this down a bit more by setting a breakpoint at pqPipelineRepresentation::resetLookupTableScalarRange().

Another possibility that occurred to me is that the rescale operation is performed on the selected variable for the selected object in the pipeline browser.  Furthermore, all variables with the same name are synchronized to the same color range.  Thus, you could see this kind of behavior if you have the wrong item selected in the pipeline browser.

-Ken

On 12/2/08 5:20 PM, "Takuya OSHIMA" <oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp> wrote:

Just for an additional info, here's what I got from the user in
response to my query. The array range seems to be set correctly.

> "Do you have any additional information that may help the developers
> reproduce the problem (platform, specific procedure to reproduce the
> problem, etc)?" -
>
>  - Regarding the platform I copied the OS Information of sysinfo:
>
>   OS:  Linux 2.6.22.19-0.1-default x86_64
>   System:  openSUSE 10.3 (x86_64)
>   KDE:  3.5.7 "release 72.9"
>
>  - Regarding a specific procedure - I would say there is none
>       (-Selecting the *.foam file
>        -In Display switch to pressure "p"
>        -Show legend
>        -Rescale)
>
> But now back to the question in the current Email...
>
> The information panel shows a range of [56784.4, 84151.5] for p, hence
> the correct range. (While the color range is still showing [0;1]).

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN