[Paraview] Ghost cells for standalone Paraview

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at lse.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Dec 3 03:16:18 EST 2008

Hi Ken,

> > If you are not running in parallel, you do not need ghost cells.  If
> > necessary, just run the Clean to Grid filter to restore connectivity.
> > -Ken
> >     To close my isosurfaces of my unstructured grid I need ghost cells.
> >     I found that D3 is capable of doing this but I use a standalone
> >     ParaView.
> >
> >     What can I do? Shall I write a python filter?

I could not figure out how the Clean to Grid filter can help me. The
problem is, that my isosurfaces don't close. In my master thesis
I used Amira for visualization of cell data but had ghost cells. There
the surface is closed.

I add screenshots of what I get from ParaView and what I desire. Thanks
a lot for help - this was one of the reasons for me to move from gmv.

Fabian