[Paraview] Plugin Basics

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Dec 2 15:51:21 EST 2008

Gaaahhhhh....

I'm using a variable (SOURCES) that is actually an optional argument
to the ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN() macro.

If I change SET (SOURCES ${ParaViewExamples_SOURCE_DIR}/
vtkMyElevationFilter.cxx) to

SET (_SOURCES ${ParaViewExamples_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkMyElevationFilter.cxx)
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(SMMyElevation "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML MyElevationFilter.xml
  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES "${_SOURCES}"
# SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkMyElevationFilter.cxx
  )

then everything works.

Hmm. I was thinking that cmake would have done the variable
substitution FIRST before sending it to the macro.

Is this a bug or feature?

Mike