[Paraview] coloring by cell normals not preserved in undo stack

Geoff Draper draperg at cs.utah.edu
Tue Dec 2 11:13:53 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here's how to duplicate what I'm
seeing:

1. Create a basic object (Sources -> Sphere, then click Apply)
2. On the Display tab, change "Color by: Solid Color" to "Color by:
cellNormals". Notice the different colors on the faces of the sphere.
3. Click the Undo button. The sphere returns to the default color.
4. Click the Redo button. The sphere is now colored, but now each face has
the same color, instead of the mixture as before the Undo.

Is this expected/correct?  (I'm running yesterday's snapshot from CVS,
but have noticed this behavior in previous builds, too.  My OS is Windows
XP and my compiler is Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.)

Thank you for any insight you could offer!
--Geoff