[Paraview] Buiding Paraview 3.2.3 with openmpi 1.2.6

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sat Aug 30 12:13:17 EDT 2008

Here is what is happening. During the build process, ParaView runs
vtkSMExtractDocumentation to generate its HTML documentation. This
executable is linked against most of what VTK requires. When the build
process tries to run vtkSMExtractDocumentation, it fails because the
MPI library cannot be found. This is due to the fact that
VTK_USE_RPATH is off. You have a few options to fix this problems:

* Turn VTK_USE_RPATH on - cons: make install will not work properly
* Add the MPI library path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
* Upgrade to CVS ParaView.

-berk