[Paraview] Paraview corrupted?

sserebrinsky at gmail.com sserebrinsky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:15:15 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have usually been a happy user of Paraview. Since today, something
very strange is happening.

It started taking up very long to load (beyond 3 minutes), and
according to the Task Manager (I use Windows XP SP2, with 1GB RAM), it
was taking a little bit over 400MB of memory, without any data loaded.
Anything that I wanted to do on the PC turned out to be extremely
slow. After I closed Paraview, it was still running, according to Task
Manager, and taking over 300MB of memory. Previously, none of this
happened, and it took no more than 15 seconds to load.

Just in case, I have uninstalled my Paraview 3.2.0, VTK 5.0, rebooted
the PC, and reinstalled VTK 5.2.0, Paraview 3.2.1, all in that order.
And I still have the problem. Any clue?

Thanks a lot.

Santiago