[Paraview] problems building paraview from source

mirko heuegger mheuegger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:33:58 EDT 2008

Hello!

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Natalie Happenhofer
<nataliehapp at hotmail.com> wrote:

 [ trouble building paraview from the source ]

> Is it possible that the problem orginates from the fact, that I have
> compiled and installed QT with MinGW and want to build Paraview with the
> Visual Studio 2008 Express edition?

No, its not possible to mix the compilers for QT and Paraview, you
have to use the same compiler for both applications.

> Well, and the other problem also originating is that it says, the
> PARAVIEW_DATA_ROOT is not found. What can I do about that?

you can download this data from
<http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.2/ParaViewData3.2.zip>,
but this option is not required for building paraview (AFAIK).

hth

mirko

--
Real programmers don't document; if it was
hard to write, it should be hard to understand.