[Paraview] problems building paraview from source

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:04:01 EDT 2008

Hi!
I have trouble building paraview from the source:
I have downloaded the source via CVS, I have installed CMake and QT 4.4.1 open source, but running CMake it says that the QT-QMAKE-EXECUTABLE is not found. I tried to insert the path manually and reconfiguring, it says again that it could not find it.
How to fix this? How can I make sure that I installed Qt correctly (although I ran the install wizard successfully?) How to set that QT-QMAKE-EXECUTABLE path correctly?
Is it possible that the problem orginates from the fact, that I have compiled and installed QT with MinGW and want to build Paraview with the Visual Studio 2008 Express edition?

Well, and the other problem also originating is that it says, the PARAVIEW_DATA_ROOT is not found. What can I do about that?

thanks for helping,
Natalie Happenhofer