[Paraview] Mesa/Offscreen Rendering

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Aug 26 16:05:31 EDT 2008

Rick,

A few months ago Utkarsh worked with me to get pvbatch to run without an X server. He didn't have the time to figure out what was creating those warnings. I haven't updated from CVS for a while but this sounds like the same thing, only from pvserver instead of pvbatch.

We ran pvbatch with 256 nodes on an XT3 where there was not only no X server but no way for it to connect back to a display. Many warnings but it worked.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

Kent