[Paraview] Vis template by changing reader file names?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Aug 26 09:19:34 EDT 2008

Hey Jean,

Thanks a lot for passing along that PDF of how you guys use ParaView
with Python, and thanks, too, for letting me know that in some cases
it does work to change the reader file names from Python within
ParaView -- I'll try it again sometime.

It sounds like you've had more luck both with parallel read speed, as
well as usage from within Python, now that you wrote your own custom
HDF5 reader. (Is that the BioH5 source?) Maybe one of these days I'll
have to learn how to do that, but it always sounds like a long,
painful process to get it working really well. We use the Xdmf
wrappers for our HDF5 for now.

Talk to you later,
-Eric