[Paraview] Can sources use filenames in property panels?

Samuel Crow samuel_crow_work at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:20:47 EDT 2008

Hello again,

I'm trying to make a source that can read in two files and generate output based on those files and a few other selection boxes on the panel describing the file processing.  I cannot use file readers for the two files because there are already readers registered to both file types and they produce inappropriate data conversions for the type of data processing I have to do on the files.  As such, I also cannot use a filter to process the input files due to that fact.

Whenever I try to make a string gadget on the source's properties panel it doesn't register on the sources menu.  When I comment out the FileListDomain from each of the filename gadgets, the string gadgets don't appear at all but the plugin registers as a source.  Whether I do or don't comment out the FileListDomain, everything compiles correctly and loads correctly under the CVS version of Paraview for Windows from last Wednesday.

How can I make a source that can read a file?