[Paraview] problem opening binary vtk: Paraview LINUX version 32 or 64 bit?

Victor Udoewa udwvic001 at uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 20 05:42:11 EDT 2008

22, August 2008

Hi, I had a question about writing a binary vtk file and then opening it in Paraview.

When I write it in ASCII format it works. When I write it out in binary format, it doesn't.
And I'm following the file format pdf for vtk (version 4.2). I'm writing in C on a 64-bit LINUX
machine (Open Suse).

I know the file format pdf says to watch out for Big Endian/Little Endian and integer-size (32bit vs 64 bit)
problems. But I thought there should be no problem since I have Paraview for LINUX x86
and assumed it was the correct bit-version.

So I don't think it's a Big Endian/Little Endian problem. But I did notice that Paraview only offers
one LINUX version download. Does anyone know if it is a 32 bit version or a 64 bit version?
Or does anyone have a different solution?

Thanks.

Gentleness,
Victor