[Paraview] Parallel Paraview

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 19 09:33:12 EDT 2008

When you say speed, I assume you are referring to rendering speed.  It sounds like there might be a problem with the X servers on your server machine.  Verify that you can properly create OpenGL X windows on each of the nodes of your server.  See the ParaView wiki for more information.

  http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Setting_up_a_ParaView_Server#X_Connections

If your server does not have rendering hardware, then use OSMesa and circumvent the whole X windows issues altogether (details of that are on the Wiki as well).

-Ken