[Paraview] [Xdmf] Xdmf time series loads as Multi-block Dataset (UNCLASSIFIED)

Clarke, Jerry (Civ, ARL/CISD) clarke at arl.army.mil
Mon Aug 18 09:27:38 EDT 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

All,

I was out all of last week so I'm in catch up mode ....

I was making significant changes to the XDMF reader and they are not
finished yet. I checked in the changes that made the spatial collection
of temporal collections work. The issue was that the reader was assuming
that a temporal collection was at the first level (which may be the most
common case).

As I recall (it will take me a few hours to get back into the code) the
changes that I made now treat spatial and temporal collections similarly
no matter the level. There's an internal flag to mark the temporal
collections.
That's why there is a big multiblock dataset for temporal collections.

The code to now make the output of a temporal collection the same type
as the children (and not a multiblock) is not yet working. Hopefully I
can get back to it today after fighting some other fires.

The main problem I was dealing with (other than the above temporal
collection
multiblock issue) was getting the reader to work correctly in parallel
when
the collection was not at the top level, i.e. not duplicating reads.

Jerry Clarke