[Paraview] vtkPython & pvPython

Chris Kees christopher.e.kees at usace.army.mil
Fri Aug 15 12:15:07 EDT 2008

FYI, I built VTK and Paraview from cvs source yesterday on Mac OSX 10.5, but
I get different behavior with VTK's vtkpython and paraview's vtkpython. I
still don't have the frames around the windows when I use paraview's  vtk
python (all the calls to the vtk windows just pile up in the upper left-hand
corner of the screen and can't be moved). VTK's vtkpython gives me full
featured  windows. Do I just need  to be more  careful in configuring VTK
inside paraview? Is there a way to do a diff between the VTK configuration
files and Paraview's VTK configuration?  Just out of curiousity, what would
be involved in installing a working vtk module in my system python?

Chris