[Paraview] Test Data for Particle Tracer

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Sat Aug 9 04:34:08 EDT 2008

I have a small dataset which I use for testing the particle tracer. It's
about 1GB (60 timesteps). Now that I'm ready to commit the latest bunch
of improvements to the particle tracer code, I'd like also to add a test
or two for it.

1GB seems a tadge on the large side for the standard vtkData cvs
repository. I've got another that I'll strip out all the scalar fields
from and reduce the number of time steps (50 currently). I should be
able to get it down it to a few hundred MB.

Question : Usually we try to keep datasets down to a few MB for vtk
tests. What is the absolute maximum size that I can get away with for a
dynamic mesh, multi-block, vector field dataset for testing. Of course
we could limit it to (say) 5 timesteps, but it'd be nice to have a big
decent dataset for testing. Many of the bugs etc don't crop up until
particle cross boundaries etc and a good long run is nice.

Kitware guys - Guidelines?

thanks

JB

--