[Paraview] Different Python startup error message

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Aug 8 04:48:32 EDT 2008

Eric

You big Star! - ten points for finding the problem. The
ColorChannelArray and ColorMode are two inherited properties from the
base mapper and I had renamed (and then back again) them in one (or
other) version, but negleged to correct the xml at some point. They were
dangling properties with no implementation. This also explains a dodgy
colour selection bug that might be fixed when the xml is corrected.

delete
          <Property name="ColorMode" />
it is the same as MapScalars,

          <Property name="ColorChannelArray" />
should be
          <Property name="ColorArray" />
but actually can be removed because we don't need to expose it here
(none of the other representations do, it is used directly from the
mapper property and not via the representation property) (actualkly,
most of the others don't need to be exposed either probably, never mind).

You have really saved me a lot of pain. Cheers. My python shell is
working now, woo-hoo!

I'll check in stuff to the pv-m repository later today when I've tested
a bit more.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch