[Paraview] What are the known issues with the Paraview 3.2.2 servermanager?

Samuel Crow samuel_crow_work at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:51:08 EDT 2008

I'm building an external reader plugin for Paraview 3.2.2 using a proprietary library.  It builds with a few minor warnings but when I run it on a known good file to read it in, paraview exits with a runtime error.  The error states that one of my set methods is not being called from the properties panel as defined in the servermanager XML entry or is being called with incorrect parameters.

I'm using an IntVectorProperty with an EnumerationDomain, another IntVectorProperty with IntRangeDomain from 3 to 50.  All of the other entries in the XML file are known to work correctly.  I've checked and rechecked the spellings of all of the set methods created with the vtkSetMacro.

The error message given by Visual Studio 2005 is that there is a failed assert that requires an unusual exit from the program.  The expression listed when using the debug build of paraview and the debug build of the reader is that in dbgdel.cpp line 52 in the expression _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse) .

My system configuration is WindowsXP SP3 on a MacPro with 2 quad-core Xeon processors and 4 GB of RAM running under Boot Camp.  My build environment is Visual Studio 2005 SP1.