[Paraview] Are there any standard benchmarks?

Ian Grimstead I.J.Grimstead at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 03:45:54 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am highly suspicious of the rendering speed of our cluster (namely: a
single low-end machine will beat an 8-node cluster, each note with an Nvidia
Quadro card...).

Are there any published benchmark results I can compare against? If not, it
might be something to be considered, look at the Top 500 SuperComputers. Is
there such a list for a rendering cluster? Bit of a distraction, but a good
advert for ParaView :o)

Cheers,

Ian
Dr. Ian Grimstead, Senior Research Associate, School of Computer Science,
Cardiff University, 5 The Parade, Roath, Cardiff CF24 3AA, UK. Tel: +44 (0)