[Paraview] Paraview first look - HELP!

rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Apr 17 22:42:43 EDT 2008

Renan, first of all you must try to understand which kind of data you have. Is
it a structured or unstructured grid (or something else)? I think that you
could represent the surface of a river by giving a regular grid in XY plane and
a set of elevations (z coordinates) OR, maybe, you might have a triangulated
surface (less probable). After figuring it out, you can pick and learn one of
the several file formats that ParaView supports
(http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:FAQ#What_file_formats_does_ParaView_support.3F)
in order to translate your data accordingly (it's not hard and I'm sure that
you'd be able to do it in less than a week ;o).

I hope it helps you

Renato.