[Paraview] Configuring ParaView with OpenMPI

Sean Ziegeler seanzig at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 16 10:47:37 EDT 2008

I would consider trying the cmake variables as listed by some of the
others that replied to you.  But if that doesn't work, try a variation
on your current configuration:

MPI_LIBRARY=/home/kalpanak/Installation_Files/OpenMPI/openmpibuild/lib/libmpi.a

MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY =
/home/kalpanak/Installation_Files/OpenMPI/openmpibuild/lib/libmpi_cxx.a;
/home/kalpanak/Installation_Files/OpenMPI/openmpibuild/lib/libopen-pal.a;
/home/kalpanak/Installation_Files/OpenMPI/openmpibuild/lib//libopen-rte.a;
/home/kalpanak/Installation_Files/OpenMPI/openmpibuild/lib/openmpi/libompitv.a

At one time, MPI_LIBRARY could not accept more than one library, hence
the addition of MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY.  I'm not sure if that is still the
case, but if so, it could be causing your problems.

-Sean