[Paraview] Question about importing data to visualize

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 15 17:21:04 EDT 2008

If I understand your question correctly, you have tabular data in an Excel spreadsheet, and you want ParaView to show you this data color coded on a plane.  Unfortunately, our ability to read in Excel and other tabular data is a bit underdeveloped right now, so there is no direct way to do this yet.  An indirect way is to output the spreadsheet as a space or tab delimited text file and then edit that text file to a VTK image file.  Details on the VTK file types are described in the following document posted to the Kitware Wiki.

  http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Image:VTK-File-Formats.pdf

-Ken