[Paraview] (no subject)

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:32:47 EDT 2007

Thorsten Hater a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm experimenting with ParaView as a visualization tool for my
> simulation.
> At the moment I'm stuck at getting particle data into ParaView.
> Particle data is given as a CSV file like:
>
>     timestep x-coord y-coord z-coord
>
> Reading this is easily done, but how do I persuade ParaView
> to show the resulting vector array as bubbles (glyphs) at the
> endpoints of the vectors?
I would suggest to convert your csv file to the appropriate VTK file format,
ie a PolyData dataset (AFAIK, csv format can't be loaded directly in
paraview; I have no paraview at my fingertips)

Thus, you have only to load the VTK file in paraview
and use glyph as filter.

BTW, it should be straightforward to convert your csv format to a VTK
file format
using python for instance.

HTH.

--