[Paraview] ParaView III - plugins under OSX

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 12 13:46:17 EDT 2007

On my OSX machine, I've built client and server plugins for paraview 3.1.0 for my flash data reader, and set PV_PLUGIN_PATH to
point to their directories.

Even though the plugins both appear in the "Manage Plugins" dialog of paraview, the plugin's "file_description" string does not
show up in the "Files of type" drop-down menu of the "Open File" panel.

I've included the server xml, and the client xml and qrc files below.

SERVER MANAGER XML FILE (named "UGFlashReader_Server.xml"):
------------------------
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
<ProxyGroup
         name="sources">
<SourceProxy
         name="FlashHDF5Reader"
         class="vtkFlashHDF5UGReader">

<StringVectorProperty
         name="FileName"
         command="SetFileName"
         number_of_elements="1">
   <StringListDomain name="files"/>
</StringVectorProperty>

<StringVectorProperty
         name="PointArrayInfo"
         information_only="1">
   <ArraySelectionInformationHelper attribute_name="Point"/>
</StringVectorProperty>

<StringVectorProperty
         name="PointArrayStatus"
         command="SetPointArrayStatus"
         number_of_elements="0"
         repeat_command="1"
         number_of_elements_per_command="2"
         element_types="2 0"
         information_property="PointArrayInfo">
   <ArraySelectionDomain
     name="array_list">
     <RequiredProperties>
       <Property
         name="PointArrayInfo"
         function="ArrayList"/>
     </RequiredProperties>
   </ArraySelectionDomain>
</StringVectorProperty>

</SourceProxy>
</ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

CLIENT XML FILE (named "UGFlashReader_Client.xml"):
----------------
<ParaViewReaders>
   <Reader name="FlashHDF5Reader"
     extensions=""
     file_description="HDF5 & NetCDF Unstructured Grid Flash PARAMESH files">
   </Reader>
</ParaViewReaders>

CLIENT QRC FILE (named "UGFlashReader_Client.qrc"):
<RCC>
   <qresource prefix="/Users/hudson/Software/ParaView/ParaView.3.1.0/UGFlashReader_ClientPlugin" >
     <file>UGFlashReader_Client.xml</file>
   </qresource>
</RCC>

--