[Paraview] "legacy" of vtk files

Hom Nath Gharti hng.email at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 03:45:15 EDT 2007

For me simple way is this: Say I have 5 files file0.vtk, file1.vtk ......
file4.vtk corresponding to the time 0sec, 0.5 sec, 1.0 sec, 1.5 sec
and 2.0sec respectively. Go to <View> and <Animation Inspector>. In
animation
Inspector I change Play Mode: to Sequence. I set Start Time: to 0, End Time:
to 2.0 and Number of Frames: to 5. Now I get the correct time display in
Annotate Time.

For unequal time intervals, however, I don't know how to do with .vtk legacy
files. Certainly that is easy and natural with .vtu files pointed by .pvd
file.

Cheers,