[Paraview] Stream tracer can't penetrate VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SET cells?

OSHIMA Takuya oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 19 03:27:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

With the latest CVS of ParaView 3.3, I'm working on a dataset which is
a composition of VTK_HEXAHEDRON and VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SET cells created
by a reader. It generally works fine but I noticed Stream Tracer can't
"penetrate" VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SET cells. However after I tetrahedralize
the dataset Stream Tracer works fine.

The problem can also be reproduced with the modified EnSight reader
and a sample test case Yvan Fournier posted on Oct. 15
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2007-October/006048.html).

Is this a feature, or is there an oversight, e. g. is there any
correct way of ordering vertices for a VTK_CONVEX_POINT_SET cell?

Thanks,
Takuya Oshima

P.S. Thanks so much for a fast fix for Python shell related crash I
reported a while ago!