[Paraview] unstructured vtk file / memory

Frederic Herman frederic at erdw.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 18 04:58:49 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am a new user of paraview. I have several unstructured vtk files
(based on a triangular mesh) with only two types of data associated
with each node.  I have tried two versions of paraview (3.0.2 and
2.6.2). It both instances, paraview crashes. I works fine if I work
with small grids (64x64 nodes), but it crashes as soon as I increase
the grid size  (does not need to be be much bigger). It seems to fill
up the memory (it returns a segmentation fault and nothing
interesting in the pvs file). I run it on brand-new macbook pro which
has 2Gb memory. I  tried to set unlimited memory, but it does not do
any good. Any suggestion?

Cheers,
Frederic.