[Paraview] Polyhedron support

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Oct 15 20:55:13 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

> I think that lots of people could live without things like the native
> input/output provided that we can have a vague idea of what the API and
> vtk
> cellType might look like. Of course, a very basic functionality would also
> be quite nice (and other things disabled with #ifdef's). This way we can
> start seeing what needs to be done to the various readers to target this
> cellType.

I am afraid I can't do that. It is the API that will probably look quite
different than what is already there. We will probably add support for
polyhedron in a new data structure called vtkMesh instead of
vtkUnstructuredGrid. There is quite a bit of work before vtkMesh can even
make into cvs VTK. As soon as we have anything, I will make sure it gets
into VTK.

-berk