[Paraview] DICOM in ParaView

kmorel kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 15 12:49:32 EDT 2007

I don¹t really know anything about the DICOM reader, but you can add readers
that exist in VTK to the ParaView GUI will plugins.  The ParaView wiki
provides guidance on creating a plugin with specific examples for adding
readers.  Since the reader you want already exists in VTK, you can simply
leave out the parts that include the source code for the reader.  The plugin
should automatically grab it from VTK if it exists.

  http://paraview.org/Wiki/Plugin_HowTo

I don¹t know exactly the logic for choosing which readers in VTK are exposed
in ParaView.  Given enough interest and a sufficiently stable reader (i.e.
minimal support necessary), I expect Kitware would be willing to add DICOM
to that list.

-Ken