[Paraview] PGI Compilers & ParaView

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:47:55 EDT 2007

I've been attempting to compile paraView 2.6 (didn't want to tackle QT yet)
for use in a Cave-Like environment.  I'm currently attempting to compile it
with PGI compilers (via mpicc/mpicxx) and link it against MPI provided by
pgi install (mpich I think).

Has anyone else had any luck with this?  At first I had problems with Tcl
(undeclared variable timezone, unknown datatype fd_mask) which I was able to
solve by adding the -Xa commandline option (enables Ansi conformity).  But
still it does in the H5 stuff (first thing in the compile, 0%) with errors
regarding hsize_t.

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist
ERDC MSRC-ITL