[Paraview] PV3 pvserver OSX Offscreen

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Oct 8 09:03:10 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:13 -0600, clinton at elemtech.com wrote:
> How about turning off VTK_USE_CARBON?
> The Carbon render window uses AGL, which requires access to the display.
> With OSMesa, you can try using vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow instead.
>
> Clint

You're right! VTK_USE_CARBON was on. I ignored that option because I
ignorantly assumed that QT replaced the system windowing stuff, and I
had turned QT off. I'm trying a build with -D VTK_USE_CARBON:BOOL=OFF
and the Mesa in my home directory.

Will ParaView3 built against Mesa be able to use offscreen rendering
despite ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMRenderViewProxy.cxx:

	// Offscreen rendering is not functioning properly on the mac.
	// Do not use it.
	#if !defined(__APPLE__)
	  this->GetRenderWindow()->SetOffScreenRendering(1);
	#endif