[Paraview] shading for uniform grid volume rendering not available?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 8 03:40:32 EDT 2007

Dear list,

I've been searching the web and browsing the source of a relatively
recent ParaView checkout, and it seems to me that there's currently no
way, from the user interface, to activate shading for uniform grid
volume rendering.  Is this correct?

In VTK, one would call ShadeOn() on the vtkVolumeProperty and then set
the lighting parameters (ambient, diffuse, specular).

Have I overlooked something?  Is it in theory possible to activate
these, either by hard-coding in the source
(vtkSMUniformGridVolumeRepresentationProxy.cxx for example) or by
integrating the shading parameters in the volume representation
interface?

Thanks for any tips!

See you,
Charl Botha