[Paraview] loading multiple case files (sos)

Simone Deparis simone.deparis at epfl.ch
Fri Nov 9 03:18:33 EST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to use an sos file to load case files in parallel but it
doesn't work (Paraview 3.0.1)

The case files loads each a different partition of the mesh and the
corresponding data (which is repeated on common nodes). If I load the
files one after the other I have a correct complete geometry/data.

I would like to load them automatically. For this I would like to write
a file (e.g., an sos file), that takes care of loading all my case files
(in a parallel or a serial paraview session).

I've tries with sos / ensight gold format but paraview freezes all the
time but with one server and one case file (which is quite useless ;-) )

Does somebody have a hint, please?
I join my sos and case files (but not the data files: its a lot of data
and I know they are correct, since hand-loading works).

Thank you very much
best
Simone

Note: the server starts well, I can select the sos file, it shows the
right variables. I select little endian and press apply. After that
paraview freezes.