[Paraview] Xdmf version verification & animation

Eric Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Nov 8 16:44:26 EST 2007

Hey Folks,

I am happy the Xdmf support has been turned back on in recent
versions of ParaView (3.2 & 3.3).

I was under the impression, though, that it would be Xdmf 2 once it
was re-activated, but I'm having trouble reading in files which I
think are in the correct (new) format. Also, when I write (save) to
Xdmf it looks more like the old format. Am I probably just screwing
something up, or is the transition not complete yet?

Also, it is my understanding that to animate a time series of Xdmf
data sets I will have to do something analogous to what is described
in "Making custom readers work with file series" in the
Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series Wiki entry. (i.e. I can't use a .pvd
file to describe time steps for file formats other than the vtk
native ones)  Is this correct?

Thanks a lot for the help,
-Eric