[Paraview] SPH - follow-up on "Viewing meshless data"

Parker, Andrew (UK) Andrew.Parker2 at baesystems.com
Fri Mar 23 05:35:20 EST 2007

This is sounding promising, but I wanted to use the work "SPH" to try to
give an indication of what I was doing.  In fact these are just Euler
calcs, but instead of using FDM, FVM, or FEM, I'm using a meshless
method.  I'm not familiar enough with paraview (kind of why I'm checking
first) to understand some of the tech points people are making.

Are people saying that basically I can only view streamlines, and vector
type plots?  Or are they saying that they've found a way to read in
meshless data but plot pressure fields, isosurfaces etc???

Getting a bit lost, but important to me that I make this distinction of
what I'm after. Basically I would want to view the full range of typical
CFD like scalar/vector plots surfaces, but without providing the mesh...

Is this too much...

Cheers,
Andy