[Paraview] It is worth to learn KWWidgets?

Jordi Campos i Miralles jcampos at maia.ub.es
Mon Jun 18 14:12:33 EDT 2007

First, thanks ;) I follow your advice and I stay away from talking about
KWWidgets.

Besides, I have "The ParaView Guide" book which in Chapter 17 explains
how to create new "User Interface" elements BUT I need help about the
differences among PV2.x and PV3:

      * the GUI/Client/Resources no longer exists.
              * [1] I cannot find any XML containing "ModuleInterfaces",
                I guess is substituted by the *.ui files, isn't it?
              * I found *.ui files in Applications/Client:
                      * I tried to see one of them "kdevdesigner
                        MainWindow.ui" but a lot of messages like "The
                        widget QMenuBar could not be created" appear,
                        and the presented form is empty.
                      * [2] How can we use kdevdesigner to see the PV
                        *.ui?
                      * [3] BTW, what is the Applications/DobranoViz?
      * [4] it seems Qt/*/Resources/UI/ is the replacement, is it?
              * if I try to see the *.ui files with kdevdesigner I also
                obtain empty forms...
      * So, I we need to design a new "panel window" (for example and
        extension to current Transfer Function dialog):
              * [5] if we describe the required data like
                ParaView3/Examples/Plugins/ParametricSource/ParametricSource.xml, the UI for that dialog is automatically created, isn't it?
              * [6] are some of the existing KWWidgets widgets going to
                be translated into Qt?
              * [7] is it possible to combine them, so use them in
                PVIII? (I guess no...)
              * [8] so, if we have to create them as new ones, is there
                any tutorial or example?
              * [9] BTW, where is the current Color Map (Transfer
                Function) dialog?
      * [10] I used 'cmake -GKDevelop3 ../ParaView3' to generate the
        *.kdevelop project files; is there any better way? (I didn't
        find it when configuring with 'ccmake'...)

Sorry for the mail length, I just tried to summary the doubts that may
be having the people that are studying using PV3 as research platform
for Volume Visualization.

After all, I'm leaving all the "answers" in
http://namaste.maia.ub.es/public/vtk-volume-rendering-tutorial.pdf and
will post also the examples and slide latex sources in case it is worth
for someone else.

Thanks one more time,

jor;)i

El dl 18 de 06 del 2007 a les 09:06 -0400, en/na Berk Geveci va
escriure: