[Paraview] Animating a sequence of exodus files

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 23 11:19:16 EDT 2007

David,

You are using the exodus format in a way that it was not really
intended, and its confusing ParaView.  The exodus format has the concept
of time built into it, and ParaView uses that mechanism to support time.
In addition, it is common for a large parallel simulation to dump out
multiple files, each with a spatial partition of the data.  Thus,
ParaView will assume that your multiple files partition space and not
time.  It will read in the geometry of all the files at once.

Your best bet is to either combine the files into a single using exodus'
built concept of time or to convert the files into a different format.

-Ken