[Paraview] Spyplot case files

Goldman, Jon jgoldma at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 17 16:55:45 EDT 2007

Howdy,

Can ParaView (2.6.1 or 3.0.2 or any other version) read spyplot case
files?

A comment near the top of ParaView3/Servers/Filters/vtkSpyPlotReader.h
reads:

// vtkSpyPlotReader is a reader that reads SPCTH Spy Plot file format
// through an ascii meta file called the "case" file (extension .spcth).
This
// case file lists all the actual binary files that describe a dataset.
Each

I have a simple case file like this:

blackrose1.sandia.gov:/scratch2/jgoldma/mbboslo/Golevka/gv10/small_test>
cat somefiles.spcth
spcth.0
spcth.1
spcth.2
spcth.3

But ParaView didn't seem to read the spcth.* files when I tried opening
somefiles.spcth. I just got a blank screen and no Cell Arrays are in the
properties tab.

-Jon