[Paraview] exodus reader troubles

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 17 14:17:31 EDT 2007

Congratulations!  You found a bug in ParaView.  It has probably been
there a while, but nobody has been able to find it until now.

It looks like the problem is not with the exodus reader but with the LOD
mechanism.  When ParaView tries to decimate the geometry, and the
geometry only has vertices, it crashes.  You should be able to prevent
this by disabling the LOD.  Uncheck the box next to "LOD Threshold" (in
"3D View Properties" for ParaView 2.X and in the Settings dialog box for
ParaView 3.X).  That should prevent the problem from happening.

Development for ParaView 2 is dead, so I don't expect the problem to be
fixed there.  I registered a bug for ParaView 3.

http://www.paraview.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=5354

-Ken

[mailto:paraview-
> bounces+kmorel=sandia.gov at paraview.org] On Behalf Of Stephens, Mike