[Paraview] Help with ParaView External Modules

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon Jul 16 14:49:43 EDT 2007

> Patrícia Sato wrote:
>> Hum, you said that I shouldn´t need to use "import package" if I use
>> Extra External Modules, but at "ParaView:Extend"
>> (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Extend), I understood that to
>> register with the ParaView Server Manager and the GUI, "import
>> package" is one of the options I should use.

The last sentence of that Wiki says "If we want the code to be permanently
available in ParaView after compiling (without having to setup environment
variable or loading XML file), we must use
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_SERVERMANAGER_RESOURCES and PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_GUI_RESOURCES
macros in the ParaView module import file."

The attached file sets these. I think the attached file was included in a bunch
I sent last week - sorry for the duplication. I never need to use "import
package" - I just start PV and its all there.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center