[Paraview] Standard OpenFile Dialogs

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:41:18 EDT 2007

A while back during a ParaView training I asked the same questions
and got the same response. I agree with the reasoning. I am on OS X
and one of the features that a native file dialog has are all my
shortcuts that I am used to in the "Finder". During that same
training one of the trainers asked me if I knew how to get that list.
At the time I did not but now I do. Who should I work with or where
do I add into the ParaView code to allow your file dialog to display
this list? I see that by default my home folder is prepopulated in
the list.

   The concept/code is simple. You just have to parse a .plist file
located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.sidebarlists.plist. This
list is binary so some Apple APIs will be needed to parse the list.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer