[Fwd: Re: [Paraview] Is pvbatch available for PV3?]

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jul 11 13:04:20 EDT 2007

Currently, we cannot save a python script (similar to the batch script)
from the current GUI state. However, one can save the state xml from the
client and simply load the state back in the python code using
vtkSMProxyManager::LoadState().

Also pvpython provides a module (paraview) which can be used to create
displays (which are now called representations), views etc, so it is
possible to write python scripts from scratch without too much effort.

Utkarsh.