[Paraview] Paraview 3 parallel rendering artefacts (with Points, Wireframes and Volume representations)

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 9 11:21:54 EDT 2007

The artifacts for the points and wireframe are caused by a technical
detail.  They happen because the points and wireframe are actually taken
from the surface, and the surface extraction used in this instance is
simplified to extract the surface local to the current process.  Thus,
those planes are the process boundaries.  You will also see this with
surfaces rendered with opacity less than 1.  You can get around this
problem by running the Extract Surface, which will use ghost cells to do
the right thing.

The artifacts with volume rendering look like a real bug.  I have
submitted a bug report about it.

http://www.paraview.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=5315&pos=

-Ken