[Paraview] ParaView III July Development Snaphot

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Jul 6 10:35:10 EDT 2007

Hi Folks,

Development snapshot of ParaView III for July (3.1.0) is now available.
The download links and announcements for all snapshots can be found at:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III_snapshots
(also at http://paraview.org/New/download.html)

This snapshot includes binaries for Windows, Linux (32 and 64 bit) and
Mac OS X and tar/zip balls for the source. The source can be obtained
through CVS using tag "ParaView-3-1-July".

Here are some the things we have been working on:

* Improved chart controls. Most of the changes to the charts won't be
visible to the user for the July snapshot. The interaction setup has
changed. Pan, zoom, and zoom box are on the left, middle, and right
mouse buttons respectively. The default colors for the line charts have
changed.
* Better controls to layout text annotations.
* Improvements to the underlying rendering framework making it easier to
add new views/representations.

Here's what coming soon:
* Improved animation track editor.
* Multiple input/multiple output support.
* Better element inspector to inspecting an entire dataset.
* Support for labeling points/cells.
* More chart improvements including:
   - Setting the line style and thickness on the line charts.
   - More axis layout control. (log scale, setting the range)
   - Legend.
   - Labels.

Look at http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView_III to get more
information on the new features. We will continue adding more
documentation to this page as we progress.

Have fun.