[Paraview] Unable to connect to pvserver running in parallel (paraView 2.6.X)

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:01:33 EDT 2007

I am running into a weird problem. I have 3 computers
ged=10.101.11.71, ender=10.101.11.72, bean=10.101.11.70 and all are
installed with ParaView2.6.X and have Debian/Ubuntu Linux

When I start pvserver on a single computer(ender) and connect the
pvclient on another computer(ged) to the running pvserver on ender,
everything works fine.

But when I run the pvserver as an LAM(7.1.2)/MPI program on 2
different computers (ender and bean, ender being the master node) and
try to connect the pvclient (on ged) to the master node of the
pvserver (ender) I get splash screen (which comes when we start the
paraview), but an invisible window is created whose title in the task
bar is "unable to open display",

I have enabled xhost to everyone (perhaps out of desperation) on the
computer where the client is running using xhost +. I have also used
X11 forwarding through ~/.ssh/config on all the computers

I don't get any error message of any sort even though the pvclient
fails to start.

raashid at ender:~/src/cvs/paraview-unix/bin$ mpirun -np 2 ./pvserver
Listen on port: 11111
Waiting for client...
Client connected.
Client connection closed.

raashid at ged:~/src/cvs/paraview-unix/bin$ ./pvclient --server-host=10.101.11.72
Connected to server

Please help me with this problem, because I am in serious trouble.