[Paraview] Compile Paraview with Python-Wrappings for VTK(!) enabled

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jul 2 11:18:41 EDT 2007

Try this:

Setup these three directories:
* PV3SOURCEDIR (the directory where you have you ParaView3 source)
* PV3BUILDDIR (the directory where you've built ParaView3)
   start this build by issuing
   >ccmake ${PV3SOURCEDIR}
* VTKBUILDDIR (the directory where you want to build VTK)
   start this build by issuing
   >ccmake ${PV3SOURCEDIR}/VTK)

Then in the PV3BUILDDIR, the cmake variable PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON turns
on/off python wrapping for paraview and hides the VTK_WRAP_PYTHON variable.

In the VTKBUILDDIR, the VTK_WRAP_PYTHON variable works as normal.

hth,
Dave DeMarle