[Paraview] Undefined variables in Ensight Gold Format

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Mon Jul 2 04:30:47 EDT 2007

> Hi Martin,
>
> In ASCII format the file is read correctly, but I think the nodes with
> undefined values are not displayed the way they should. In fact, I
> don't see
> how the 'undef' keyword changes the displayed data at all.

Looking through vtkEnSightGoldReader.cxx I can't see that anything spezial
is being done for undefined values, other than reading and skipping over the
extra line. The UndefPartialInternal class is defined, but its use is
appears restricted to addressing 'partial' values.

You'll have to ask a VTK expert about how or if undef values can be
propagated back to VTK.

> Unfortunately I don't know anything about VTK or how easy it is to add
> new
> cell types, so I can't help you there.

I'll keep waiting (and hoping) for an answer about polyhedral support.

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its “Confidential” status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.