[Paraview] Software Rendering

James Galbraith james.galbraith at inl.gov
Mon Jan 22 18:35:51 EST 2007

Hi all,
I'm new to ParaView and trying to get a client/server configuration up
and running.  I have downloaded the latest and greatest and built it
with the parallel capabilities enabled.

Here are some of the parameters I set in cmake:
MANGLED_MESA_INCLUDE_DIR: not found
MANGLED_MESA_LIBRARY            not found
MANGLED_OSMESA_LIBRARY       /usr/include
MANGLED_OSMESA_LIBRARY       /usr/X11R6/lib64/libOsMesa.so
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR                   /usr/include
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY                       /usr/X11R6/lib64/libGL.so
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY                     /usr/X11R6/lib64/libGLU.so
OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR                  /usr/include
OSMESA_LIBRARY                           /usr/X11R6/lib64/libOSMesa.so
VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA        ON
VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA          OFF

I thought I wanted to use the off-screen rendering OSMesa library and
not mangled mesa.  Most of these settings were detected and set by
cmake.  Everything builds OK, but when I try to run paraview itself,
pvclient, or one of the servers, here is what I get:

/export/linux/lib/paraview-2.4/pvclient-real: relocation error:
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libOSMesa.so.4: undefined symbol: _glapi_Dispatch

Neither my libGL or libOSMesa libraries have symbol tables so I am not
able to verify the existence of _glapi_Dispatch, but there are
references of sorts in both (using strings command).

Where have I gone awry?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jim

--