[Paraview] InitializeTcl failed/no $DISPLAY environment variable errors (paraview on intel mac)

Jared Hawkins Jared.Hawkins at tufts.edu
Wed Feb 28 14:04:32 EST 2007

hey again,

so, to follow up on my previous email, i have also tried to build
paraview directly from the source code (following the wiki's
instructions and making the necessary adjustments to ccmake options such
as adding WI,-search_paths_first to the listed linkers)

the make of the program appears to work fine

afterwards, i try to run ./paraview (from the /bin directory) and i get
the same error messages as when i was trying to run the pre-compiled
binaries:

    ParaView error: InitializeTcl failed
    TK_Init error: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

very frustrating.....i could use some help!!

-jared